Below are links to the various parts of a discussion held between myself and Robert Waters, first on Mars-List, and then later by e-mail. The discussion was precipitated by the posting of my article in The Christian Examiner entitled “Did Jesus Teach Only Old Testament Doctrine?”. Many on Mars-List praised the article and its message and applied it directly to the teachings of Robert Waters regarding marriage, divorce, and remarriage. Robert of course then replied to the material, and hence this discussion.
Robert Waters’ material may be found at his website here; it is my hope that the following discussion demonstrates clearly the truth of God’s Word and makes clear God’s intention for marriage.
- Part I: MDR: Jesus’ Teachings
- Part II: MDR: Jesus and the Law
- Part III: MDR: Jesus, the Law, and Divorce
After these discussions I set out to analyze Deuteronomy 24:1-4, one of the contentious texts in the discussion. Those articles may be found below:
- Understanding Deuteronomy 24:1-4, Part 1: Textual Considerations
- Understanding Deuteronomy 24:1-4, Part 2: Moses’ Situational Law and MDR
- My Response to Robert Waters Regarding “Understanding Deuteronomy 24:1-4, Part 2: Moses’ Situational Law and MDR”